Primary Job Responsibilities
* Works under the direction of the overall Civil/Structural Lead
* Develop an understanding of the project scope in order to participate in the development of the design effort
* Responsible for developing project deliverables, and spot checking the output of other staff designers when assigned
* Responsible for reporting on current task status to the lead engineer and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of progress
* Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification
* Monitor assigned design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good design practice
* Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
* Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
* Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
* Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
* Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Continue development of technical knowledge, skills and potential
* Associates degree in Design or Drafting is preferred
* 5+ years design/drafting experience required
* 5+ years design/drafting experience in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation
* Proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
* Excellent attention to detailing of complex civil design components