Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Civil Engineer, with our internal client Worley based in Brentford, London, for a contract position working on an exciting Battery Giga-plant project, as they transition further into the new energy sector.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Contribute towards the identification of scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Contribute towards the preparation estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication within the engineering function and visit sites when necessary
- Contribute to discussions within engineering and design team relating to design and preparation of deliverable issues, providing technical guidance, support and training when required.
- Complete documents in accordance with correct procedures.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Able to contribute on complex project work-scopes from multiple execution centres.
- Engineer with sound technical background and expertise working towards chartership with an engineering institution.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Aware of estimates for man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates