Position: Temp to Permanent
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is currently recruiting for a Buyer who will be responsible for transactional buying for the Houston, TX manufacturing facility. The role will also participate in strategic buying, sourcing projects, cost-reduction efforts and supplier improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issues purchasing based on demand with a predominantly US based supplier pool
- Maintain part costs, lead-times and supplier information in ERP system
- Manage vendor commitment dates and expedite lead times where needed to meet manufacturing timelines
- Continuously driving improvement to buying strategies and processes in conjunction with leadership
- Work closely with quality, engineering, accounting, shipping, receiving, and manufacturing
- Provide routine updates on purchasing status, backorders, and ongoing expediting efforts
- Associates degree in supply chain or adjacent field preferred, significant relevant experience acceptable
- 2-10 years of experience purchasing in manufacturing/industrial environment
- Must be able to purchase direct/indirect goods, contract services and 3rd party rentals as needed to support operations by using approved criteria such as required technical specifications, system driven demand, and direction from management.
- This position requires an organized buyer with initiative and strong time management skills to work efficiently in a fast-moving, high PO churn environment
- Requires the ability to develop strong rapport with highly repetitive supplier base
- Ability to interface with an ERP, updating data and maintaining accurate activity statuses
- Requires proficiency using basic office software and equipment (Excel, Acrobat, Web Browsers, copier etc.)
- Must be able to analyze, identify and escalate issues to be resolve quickly, providing solutions where possible
- Acts as the primary point of contact for purchasing, promoting a positive image of RRS to suppliers and ensuring each understands current business demands
- Ensure department’s commitment to cost saving’s objectives by negotiating competitive pricing and driving on-time delivery while adhering to purchasing policies
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that quality product is received, and cost is accounted for appropriately
- Works with other departments to reconcile accounting, purchasing, and receiving issues in a timely manner.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance