Business System Analyst
Location: Mobile, AL
The Business System Analyst II will apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives; Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements.
- Applies thorough understanding of business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Analyzes business operations and processes to identify opportunities for process improvement, management control of work, or automation.
- Generates process and solution options and reviews with appropriate stakeholders.
- Can readily re-apply business insights to devise new technical or non-technical solutions to business issues
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current business environment.
- Analyzes process and data flows, identifying potential redundancies, overlaps in accountability, key decision points.
- On smaller size projects, tracks progress of projects to ensure alignment to requirements; manages any deviations from requirements to ensure resolution.
- On larger size projects, contributes to tracking and management of requirements with Project Manager.
- Takes calls from business users and resolves most support issues independently on how to use a stakeholder-specific system/application within their area of expertise and/or escalates as appropriate.
- Reviews test plans for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides direct support to clients on how to optimally apply installed solutions, answering client questions and training new users.
- Function as a resource on the use and operation of current systems within the stakeholder area(s) supported.
- Complies with the company's employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or Management related discipline required.
- Three (3) + years' related analyst work experience or, a combination of Associates degree plus two years related analyst work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with SQL, or, similar database, supporting data integration required.
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and translate metric performance into business insight and recommendations required.
- Demonstrated understanding of business value drivers and aligning teams to achieve business objectives required.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools such data driven charts and graphs to understand and drive performance and create key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics required.
- Intermediate level software skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and decision-making abilities required.
- Presentation experience with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Shipbuilding Solutions systems and processes preferred.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance