Business Development Representative
**Role will be a mix of Business Development/ Product Management
**Hardware sales experience required
Our client is a venture-backed technology start-up headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Their north star is to commercialize technology that makes extreme condition fluid analysis fast, accurate, and above all, accessible. Our client's technology is changing how the oil and gas industry works by bringing the philosophy of point of care medicine to this industry. Beyond oil and gas, the technology is critical to the sequestration of carbon, and the transportation and storage of Hydrogen. Our client's Technology is lab-on-a-chip hardware platform. It miniaturizes and combines the most common measurements made in the oil and gas lab onto an integrated piece of equipment that will be deployed to labs and producing wells around the world. Our clients love this technology because it makes near real time monitoring of fluid and well performance possible for the first time.
As a Business Development representative for our client, you will be primarily responsible for lead generation and working with other members of the account management team to follow through on the opportunities that you generate. This Technology is a versatile tool, and the focus for this role is on fully commercialized measurements that can be easily deployed, and success defined. It will provide information and client feedback on future developments but will not be responsible for defining new development projects. This is a key role with significant opportunity for advancement reporting directly to the CEO.
What you will do:
- You will work with new and existing clients to identify opportunities for hardware deployments that add value to the clients as well as our client
- You will manage this process through Salesforce CRM, as well as develop and maintain a new customer journey management system specific to this technology
- You will liaise with the Marketing and Executive teams to ensure strategic alignment with the overall goals of the company; and ensure that corporate communications support the goal of deploying our client's chemical performance analysis tools to facilities globally
Who Are You?
- Bachelor's degree in business, Engineering, or Sciences
- 5+ years of Business Development experience, with a solid track record of hardware sales
- Experience in a Startup company is very desirable
- Able to effectively work within a large possibility space, turning large goals into specific tasks independently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Active listener
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Strong analytic and strategic skills
- Ability to collaborate and lead through influence without authority
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Professional interaction with customers and internal stakeholders
- Expert in Google Workplace and Microsoft Office
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brillian