Energy Resourcing has an exciting permanent opportunity for a Business Development and Account Manager looking to join a leading integrated service company within the Energy industry.
This role can be delivered by hybrid working, with regular time working from home balanced with attendance at one of our UK Offices e.g. London, Manchester, Aberdeen or Stockton.
- Define with the business leader the business development strategy for the UK ensuring that it focuses on the agreed sectors and sustainability and maximises on the available growth opportunities in the market.
- Drive the implementation of the business development strategy through the management of the regional Account &/ or BD Leads to ensure a consistent UK wide approach.
- Develop and maintain key account customers within their regional remit, in alignment with the business strategy to maximise the conversion of opportunities to support key clients.
- Manage the targeted development of strategic customers with clear business alignment.
- Drive the marketing strategy with the support of the Marketing Advisor aligned to the business strategy and target areas.
- Identify emerging customers in the market whose business need matches the businesses strategic direction and capabilities.
- Promote a positive safety culture within the business and with our Contractors and clients.
- Take a deliberate, and focused approach to develop and manage a core client portfolio with demonstrable future value to the business.
- Manage a monthly plan which identifies sources of revenue to deliver on personal targets and objectives in line with agreed financial year budgets, capitalising on market opportunities which present themselves.
- Manage all direct reports to ensure delivery against agreed KPI’s & targets. Coach, mentor and provide feedback to them on an ongoing basis in line with agreed performance management expectations and best practice.
- Ensure quality information is fed into the forecasting process on secured and potential work to support the financial reporting schedule.
- Provide a quality service to all clients and candidates to ensure compliance with company procedures, legislation and relevant governing body codes of conduct.
- Ensure all administrative activity is accurately recorded and stored in the relevant and agreed system.
- Proactively and consistently strive to identify and obtain new business opportunities – Identify, acquire and deliver.
- Manage and profitably develop client relationships from initial agreement of terms, and thereafter, to truly understand client challenges.
- Drive brand development and business presence across the UK externally, through targeted marketing activities, undertaken through the management of the Marketing Advisor.
- Ensure that all marketing spend is in line with the agreed budget and cost allocations.
- Ensure that cash flow is managed positively and in line with contractual arrangements and issues are promptly escalated.
- Implement and monitor any KPI/SLAs in place at an account level to ensure that clients expectations are being met and exceeded.
- Ensure all necessary aftercare services are concluded, capturing feedback to support the continued development of the businesses service offering.
- Proactively engage the full functional value chain (Resourcing, Contractor Assurance, Marketing, Administration, Finance & HSEQ) to provide clients with a seamless and integrated offering.
- Ensure compliance against Health and Safety standards, complete site safety tours and client HSEQ meetings.
- Ensure compliance with QHSE procedures and management system in line with legislation including GDPR.
- Mentor other members of the team to enhance the businesses overall capabilities.
- Sales experience
- IT proficient
- Business Development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy & high level of attention to detail
- Capable of working under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strategic thinker & innovative
- Self-motivated and takes own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer Focused, goal orientated approach
- Strong commercial acumen