Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting on behalf of Worley for a Black Trades Workpack Engineer to be based at the Aberdeen office for a duration of 12 months.
- Assist in ensuring all Project / Company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Construction personnel are aware of safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Effective liaison with any Client and / or Sub-Contractor / Vendor representatives.
- Deliver a high standard Construction service to the Project, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across the Construction function, delivering best practices at all times.
- Manage, support and develop Construction personnel.
- Maintain and deliver Construction activities within budget and on schedule and where applicable implement cost / time saving initiatives.
- Supervise and support day-to-day Construction activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Provide Construction input into the Project strategies, procedures, design phase, plans and schedules.
- Conduct thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met - ie. Constructability of the design, safety, jobcard estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Review and progress Construction Workpack close out in-line with actual site Construction progress, ensuring relevant documents are inserted / signed off accordingly - ie HIRA, jobcards, site queries, as-built drawings etc.
- Where required, identify, estimate and escalate requirement for Construction growth and create additional jobcards for Client approval.
- Liaise with Project Controls / Planning to ensure approved growth hours are input into the Project schedule.
- Ensure that all Construction work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications and
- Company systems of quality assurance are strictly adhered to and assist the Project quality team in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Where required, raise site queries and propose site solutions for issue to the Project Engineering team prior to executing the works on site. Track, monitor and report on all site query status and ensure site queries are closed-out in accordance with Project procedure. Provide a link between the Construction and Engineering departments of the Project - assist with site surveys, design changes, constructability etc.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Project gains.
- Attend and input into internal and joint tri-party walks and identify / raise necessary punchlist items with the Project Completions Team.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable Construction activities, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact Project delivery.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Construction data / services are supplied.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Vendors / Sub-Contractors site representatives and ensure they are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Be fully familiar with Vendors / Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Vendor / Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Construction Manager and / or Project Manager.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Liaise with Completions / Commissioning Teams in the development of Project handover strategy and sequence.
Qualifications / Training
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in an Engineering related subject or Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Recognised Site discipline background.
- Knowledge of Construction practices and procedures.
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc).
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Onshore Safety Passport
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject.
- Management NVQ level 4 / 5.
- Conversant with Project tender / estimating process
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or position in Oil and Gas Construction.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving Project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of the Construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with Project management tools.
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures / documents / reports.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Able to deliver training to personnel within the Construction team - commitment to develop team members.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Detailed understanding of modern planning systems and their use in the execution of Construction as well as Project work scopes.
- Detailed knowledge of the Construction process and associated systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
- Conversant with Tendering / Estimating processes.
- Conversant with HR practices / processes.