Position: 3-month contract
We are recruiting for a client in the Oil & Gas Industry. This position interprets commercial Billing Terms and conditions, ensures accuracy of Rate Build Up and reviews with Project Mgmt./Project Accountant at initial project set up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures current signed contract is in place and credit checks completed where applicable and all amendments are on file.
- Project events using proper billing event types and enters data into the business system.
- Works with PA and Project team to setup invoicing calendar for all customers and projects (maximizing month billings).
- Compiles and collates back up documentation for final invoice presentation to client.
- Prepares sample customer invoices for review by Project Manager and/or Project Accountant if required and obtains approval for invoice format and detail.
- Keeps a register of invoices when distributed to client.
- Runs weekly Exception Reports and reviews project revenue recognition. Resolves issues highlighted in the Exception.
- Reports for project(s) not generating revenue.
- Reviews WIP Reports and conducts WIP report reviews with Project Managers/Project Accountants to ensure prompt invoicing.
- Where appropriate, contacts clients to ensure invoices have been received, agreed, and actioned by client and provides updates to Project Manager/Project Accountant of progress of invoice payments for cash flow purposes.
- Reviews Aged Debtors Report(s) and assists in the development of corrective action plans; follows up on outstanding debtors with Project Managers/Project Accountants and clients.
- Works with the PA to ensure that billings do not exceed budget limits.
- Works with Project Teams to ensure all Time corrections and/or AP corrections are made to the project in a timely.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a financial support role (note with no diploma/degree, additional work experience may be required).
- Familiar with ERP environments, specifically Oracle a plus
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance