Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant, to join our internal partner for a 6 month contract position based in Aberdeen.
As Assistant Financial Accountant, you will take responsibility for a variety of tasks supporting month-end close, and for other longer-term accounting projects, providing a bespoke accounting service to a variety of Financial Accountants throughout the UK.
- Preparation of complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaising with acquired entities to ensure control processes are fully understood and being followed, and that information flow to operations is at the right level.
- Support to Financial Accountant in statutory accounts preparation - for example, intercompany balancing across entities, standardization of disclosures on leases and personnel, audit queries.
- Support to Financial Accountant at month-end in a variety of areas:
- Blackline Balance Sheet uploads of reconciliations.
- Review of fixed asset accounting.
- Reconciliation of corporate loans to treasury system
- Supporting elimination of deltas between planning TB v/s actuals TB
- Journal preparation
- HFM to Oracle reconciliations.
- Other, entity dependent.
- Liaising with Shared Services Centers in India on balance sheet issues / reconciliations.
- Providing inputs to tax team for various tax related submissions
Skills & Qualifications
- Dynamic, strategic thinker.
- First-rate analytical skills, with the ability to present findings to people across departments.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent at building relationships and working with other teams.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial.