Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Assistant Cost Engineer located in Meerssen, the Netherlands.
- Cost control covers home office services, field supervision, subcontracts, commissioning, materials & equipment supply, etc
- Performs his activities under the supervision of the Cost control supervisor or a Sr. Cost engineer
- Obtains knowledge and understanding of Client standard techniques and methods of cost control and of cost reporting as a basis for establishing the man-hours, computer cost and other expenses to do or to complete these activities. It includes the preparation, on time and with the required quality, of the:
- project control budget summary
- detailed control budgets for issue to parties concerned, incl. quantities for bulk materials
- establishing of the weighting factors - based on the detailed monetary control budgets - to be used for the physical progress report; the measurable base is defined in this progress report by others
- monthly, unless agreed otherwise, project cost (status) reports for the Client
- monthly project cost (status) reports for management
- Assists his supervising engineer in above mentioned activities
- Ensures to understand the responsibilities and authorities of the key members of a project team as laid down in the Client project organization
- Works in concert with the Project Planning engineer, the Project accountant and the Project administrator to ensure cost and schedule integration
- Assists in monitoring the man-hours and cost of the project activities. Develops and recommends, with the appropriate key team members, corrective action or revised methods to the Project manager if cost deviations are anticipated
- Assists in the development and implementation of improved cost control and reporting techniques and methods
- Assists in recording historical cost information for future projects
- Dutch technical college (HTS): bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Preferably some experience in an industrial company
- broad knowledge of the other project control tools
- sound knowledge of the organization procedures related to project control
- working knowledge of the remaining organization procedures
- broad knowledge of the application software for cost control and its integration with cost estimating, planning & scheduling, procurement, departmental bulk material control & accounting
- working knowledge of: project execution; engineering & design documents; procurement; construction; financing, insurances, etc
- Reports hazards, accidents, property damage and substandard actions and conditions. Participate in accident investigations
- Assists in the preparation of the 'Monthly financial summary report of operational projects.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Remko Monshouwer will be happy to help you at We look forward to your application!Apply Now