About the Role
Area Manager SMP required to work on one of our large scale greenfield iron ore mining projects. The successful candidate will be ideally engineer qualified with experience in large mining resources projects. The role will report to the Project Director and will be required to manage a significant portion of the scope. Would suit experienced lead project engineers from large projects or project managers from smaller scopes.
- To plan, co-ordinate and manage delivery of the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of an assigned Area of a project, including taking a leadership role in the preparation of proposals.
- To ensure clear agreement of client objectives and that these are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants
- Compliance with HSE procedures
- Identify, document and communicate the client requirements
- Effective management of multiple stakeholders
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project and post completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client as they arise
- Compliance with requirements of the contract
- Effective change control process application
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in managing SMP greenfield scopes
- Strong technical background and understanding of engineering processes
- Understanding of interdisciplinary Interfaces, interfaces with Suppliers and Contractors
- Iron Ore mining experience is essential
- Commitment to HSE management in a project environment
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager on projects in excess of US$50m total value.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Edmund Liu on 0408 961 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org