Our client is seeking an Area Manager (Civils & Bulk Earthworks) to be working on their world-renowned natural minerals project. Perth based.
- The Area Manager is responsible for the safe delivery of their construction packages on-time and on budget and handover to operations.
- Deliver the assigned contract packages to meet the company's requirements and in accordance with Project Execution Plan
- Review, monitor and audit Consultants and contractor performance against statutory obligations, contract requirements, technical standards and procedures to ensure that quality, schedule and cost risks are minimised
- Lead and participate in site risk assessments as required
- Be responsible for progress reporting, cost control and forecasting
- Manage contract packages with the PMC
- Attend site on a fortnightly basis during construction works and contribute to developing the relationshipbetween the PMC and construction contractor as well as provide coverage and input to site management, reviews and investigations
- Attend site to inspect works and provide client sign-off at each milestone claim by the constructor
- Ensure adequate testing, design verification and audits to site specifications is being completed by thePMC during construction of civil earthworks
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or greater than 15 years' experience in civil engineering and civil construction.
- Proven track record in civil construction. Previous construction experience in tailings dam construction, dams or pond embankment walls would be looked upon as highly favorable.
- Must have prior experience managing civil construction projects with a minimum value of $20-50M in value.
- 10 + years experiences as a Construction Manager, Project Manager or Area Manager Level, preferably within the mining sector.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
- Advanced financial skills with considerable experience in preparing and managing budgets and cash flow management.
- Well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and manage project teams.