Applications Engineer- Steam and Compressor
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Our client is currently recruiting for an Application Engineer that will create control systems for centrifugal and axial compressors and steam turbines on industrial applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing and potentially leading more complex software/hardware TSP creation, test setups/troubleshooting, engine calibration, emissions testing, testing of customer/internal hardware/software for review and approval by the project team.
- Supporting other disciplines within the NPI and manufacturing process to bring designs to completion. These disciplines also include operations, procurement, planning, program management, test, outside vendors, etc.
- Creating and updating BOM’s, wiring diagrams, drawings, electrical schematics, test plans, training material, creation of O&M manuals for the customer, WISE and EFMS as necessary to support the project/team.
- Coordinating project milestones/project scope and ensuring activities associated with the PLC process and department level procedures are adhered to for check-in to WPDS, EFMS and WISE.
- Creating and executing test plans for V&V efforts.
- Mentoring and assisting level 1 and 2 engineers in the startup of the new product/system along with field service personnel after factory testing has concluded.
- Participating or leading projects in analyzing and sizing of third party internal/external products and definition. Understanding of functionality and interface to WW systems and components. Includes setup, SW programming and debug. Will be inclusive of items such as HMI, Cabinets, SW,a|XXX.)
- Creating product specifications, software, and application literature for Minor Scope Projects/Systems. This includes items such as ISS, Compliance Matrix, MVP’s, IAFMEA, DOSO’s, customer manuals and technical specifications for custom or standard designed products/applications. Will be required to propose new approaches to problems encountered by the project team.
- Emissions certification support or regulatory compliance support for products and systems: work directly with and provide technical oversight to the project team members on issues such as engine calibration, engine mapping and performance calibration.
- 4 year technical/science degree or International equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Preference for experience with Steam Turbine and Compressor control system applications.
- Process knowledge of compressor control including surge protection.
- Fully proficient with GAP software and associated operator interface/HMI software to support test setups and debug recommendations and support all GAP changes.
- Knowledge of single valve, split-range valve, controlled extraction, and controlled admission steam turbines.
- Hands-on commissioning experience of steam and compressor controls.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations (internal, customers and management); writes and communicates technical reports.
- Solid technical writing skills (EARS, procedures, reports, etc.).
- Competent knowledge of appropriate WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, Warranty, EC screens and part tracking.
- Competent use and understanding of design tools, basic use of DFSS tools and methodologies; competent knowledge of engineering quality systems (PLC, engineering change, configuration management). Ability to run existing standard tools (e.g. GAP, ProE, NetSim, Toolkit, Intellution, Citect, AutoCad, MatlLab, Simulink)
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance